Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

40 Days Of Prayer And Reflection - Lenten Moments: Take Up Your Cross


Focusing Scripture: Luke 9:22-25
"If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will save it. What does it profit them if they gain the whole world, but lose or forfeit themselves?"

Theme: Take up your cross.
How hard it is to forget about ourselves! Particularly in a culture which screams the opposite in so many ways. We being to feel entitled to what we want, to the detriment of others. Jesus preaches about losing ourselves, becoming as nothing. It takes this gutsy kind of living to carry the cross with him.

Reflective Moment
What does Jesus mean when he says we have to forget about ourselves? What does he mean when he says we have to take up our crosses each day and follow him? What cross do we carry?

Living the Message
A person in your family, at school, at work or in your community might be carrying a particularly heavy cross right now. Figure out a way you can help.

Prayer Moment
Place a cross in a prayer place in the center of your home. Every time you notice the cross today pray, “Jesus, be with me as I carry my cross and as I help others carry theirs. Amen.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment