Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

40 Days Of Prayer And Reflection - The Way Of The Cross Station 4: Jesus Meets His Mother


We welcome you to join us from now until Good Friday, in praying the Way of The Cross. Each Day, save for Sundays, we will feature one station for your prayer and reflection. If you are just joining now or would like to spend time with one of the previous stations, you may do so using this link: The Way Of The Cross 2012


Station  4 - Jesus Meets His Mother 

We adore You O Christ And We Praise You...


For By Your Holy Cross, You have Redeemed The World.


Though the gospels do not record a meeting between Our Lord and His mother on the path to His crucifixion, John's gospel does attest to the fact that she was indeed present, never far from the Passion of her Son. (John 19:25)


Christ Speaks To Me: My mother sees me whipped. She watches as I am kicked, and beaten - driven like a beast to the slaughter. She counts every lash, numbers ever wound. Her own heart pierced. But though every corner of her soul cries out in shared agony, she does not protest. Though her tears flow, no complaint escapes her lips or enters her mind.

She shares my Passion, my pain - and I share hers. We hide nothing, no pain, no sorrow. This is my Father's will.

I Reply: My Jesus, My Lord, I know what you are telling me. To watch the pain of those I love is much harder than to bear my own.

To carry my cross after you, I must be willing, sometimes, to stand and watch the sufferings of those most dear to me - the heartache, sorrows, sickness and brokenness in the lives of those whom I love.

And I must let them watch mine.

I do believe - for those who love you - all things work together for good.

Amen

0 comments:

Post a Comment