Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

40 Days Of Prayer And Reflection - The Way Of The Cross; Station 7 Jesus Falls A Second Time


We welcome you to join us from now until Good Friday, in praying the Way of The Cross. Each Day, save for Sundays, we will feature one station for your prayer and reflection. If you are just joining now or would like to spend time with one of the previous stations, you may do so using this link: The Way Of The Cross 2012


Station 7 - Jesus Falls A Second Time

We adore You O Christ And We Praise You...


For By Your Holy Cross, You have Redeemed The World.


We often forget that the scourging itself, prior to the crucifixion, was often fatal. It was intended to at least horribly weaken the victim, as well as hasten their death. Beaten, bloodied and in a state of near-mortal shock, Jesus, the Lord of Lords and King of Kings - through whom all things came into being - falls.

Christ Speaks To Me: Ah, beloved, this second fall is a test of your will. You must learn to persevere in doing good, even as you are being rejected and beaten down. The time will come when every effort seems doomed to fail and you will cry out "I cannot go on!"

Turn to me, you with all of your burdens, all of your failings and fallings - I will give you rest.

Trust me.

I Reply: My Jesus, My Lord, give me your courage, your strength. When my failures press upon me, and I collapse beneath the load, when I despair and my heart is empty - stretch out your hand. Lift me up.

I know I must not stop, but persevere always in doing good.

Only help me Lord. Alone I can do nothing but fall.

With you, I can do anything you ask.

Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment