Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

40 Days Of Prayer And Reflection - The Way Of The Cross Station 3: Jesus Falls

We welcome you to join us from now until Good Friday, in praying the Way of The Cross. Each Day, save for Sundays, we will feature one station for your prayer and reflection. If you are just joining now or would like to spend time with one of the previous stations, you may do so using this link: The Way Of The Cross 2012

Station 3 - Jesus Falls

We adore You O Christ And We Praise You...


For By Your Holy Cross, You have Redeemed The World.

Jesus, the burden of the cross caused the blood to flow from your wounds and the strength to ebb from your bones. You fell to the dust...but you pulled yourself up again.


Christ Speaks To Me: The God who created the Universe, who made Heaven and Earth, and sustains all things in existence by His loving will alone, has become a man, too weak to bear the timber's weight.

How human in His weakness, is the Son of God. My Father willed that it should be so. I could not be your perfect model otherwise.

If you would walk this way with me, be my flesh and blood in the world, you must learn to accept, all of the difficult, beautiful, fragile frailties that make you human too.

I Reply: My Jesus, my Lord, how can I refuse you?

I accept all of my weaknesses, my irritations and angers and the shifting sands of my moods, my headaches, back aches, forgetfulness, and fatigue, all of the defects of my mind, my body and my soul.

These are your will for me, these handicaps to my humanity. I gladly suffer them, for you.

Make me content, with all of my discontents, but give me strength to continue to struggle, rising from the dirt, to walk again with you.

Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment