Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

40 Days Of Prayer And Reflection - The Way Of The Cross; Station 6 - Veronica Helps Jesus


We welcome you to join us from now until Good Friday, in praying the Way of The Cross. Each Day, save for Sundays, we will feature one station for your prayer and reflection. If you are just joining now or would like to spend time with one of the previous stations, you may do so using this link: The Way Of The Cross 2012


Station 6 - Veronica Helps Jesus

We adore You O Christ And We Praise You...


For By Your Holy Cross, You have Redeemed The World.


Legend has it that a woman came forward from out of the jeering crowds to wipe the sweat, dirt, and blood from Jesus' face. In gratitude, Jesus made his likeness appear on the veil she used.

Christ Speaks To Me: Are you brave enough, beloved, to wipe the dirt and blood from my pain-wracked face?

What face? Where?

When eyes fill with tears, or tempers flare. When fights break our on playgrounds or slums. When sadness and despair find their way into courtrooms, hospitals and jail cells. Wherever one of my beloved suffer -

There is my face, looking for you.

So I ask again; Are you brave enough, is your heart big enough to wipe my blood and tears?

I Reply: My Lord, my Jesus, what you ask is so very hard. It requires courage, sacrifice - and I am so weak. Give me strength, Lord. Don't let me run in fear.

Live in me.

Act in me.

Love in me.

Not in me alone Lord - but in all of us, so that we might reveal no more your dirt and tear-stained - but your glorious face to the world.

Amen.



0 comments:

Post a Comment