Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

40 Days Of Prayer And Reflection - The Way Of The Cross: Station 2 Jesus Takes His Cross

We welcome you to join us from now until Good Friday, in praying the Way of The Cross. Each Day, save for Sundays, we will feature one station for your prayer and reflection. If you are just joining now or would like to spend time with one of the previous stations, you may do so using this link: The Way Of The Cross 2012

Station Two - Jesus Takes His Cross

We Adore You O Christ And We Praise You...


For by Your Holy Cross, You have redeemed the world.

John 19:17

"...and carrying the cross by himself, he went out to what is called The Place of the Skull, which in Hebrew is called Golgotha."


Christ Speaks To Me: This cross, this chunk of wood and bark, is what my Father chose for me.

The crosses you must bear are not trees, but parts of your daily life. Yet my Father chose them too, for you. You alone. Receive them from His hands.

Take heart, I will not let let your burdens grow one ounce too heavy for your strength.

I Reply: My Jesus, my Lord, I promise to take up my cross daily. I welcome the monotony that often marks my days, discomforts of all kinds, the heat, the cold, disappointment, tension, set-backs, anxiety and worries.

Remind me, Lord, that in carrying the cross, I carry yours with you. And though I bear only a sliver of your cross, You carry all of mine, save for sliver, in return.

Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment