Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

40 Days Of Prayer And Reflection - The Way Of The Cross; Station 8 Jesus Consoles The Women


We welcome you to join us from now until Good Friday, in praying the Way of The Cross. Each Day, save for Sundays, we will feature one station for your prayer and reflection. If you are just joining now or would like to spend time with one of the previous stations, you may do so using this link: The Way Of The Cross 2012



Station 8 Jesus Consoles The Women


We adore You O Christ And We Praise You...


For By Your Holy Cross, You have Redeemed The World.


Luke 23:27-28


"Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me, but weep for yourselves and for your children."


Christ Speaks To Me:  How often have I desired to gather you together as a hen gathers her brood beneath her wings. Yet you refuse.

Here, these women weep for me, and my heart breaks for them - for all the sorrow that will come.

Here, in the midst of my own pain, I console those who would console me.

In the midst of your own pain, how gentle, kind, and compassionate to others are you able to be?

I Reply: My Jesus, my Lord, your compassion in the midst of passion surpasses me.

Teach me, Lord, help me. When all that is in me wants to lash out at those who hurt me, those who misunderstand, or try to placate me with empty, thoughtless words. When they seek to invade my private sorrow, and take my grief for themselves -

Help me to catch my tongue.

Make your gentleness my cloak.

Gather me beneath your wings. Draw me to yourself, and fill my broken heart with your kindness and compassion.

Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment